Information Overload..


Captains blog, stardate 11.9.2009..

There's a word from my island's specific language, me being Steve Stone, I will pass onto Moximillion in a moment.. The word relates to trying to concentrate on something but instead staring into space, dreaming, pondering, mulling over thoughts instead of focusing on the job or study at hand.. That word is dwam, or the plural dwamming, it's a great word, and the captain may use it in this posting coz I know he does it lots during his studies.. So I'll energize now into drrrrzzzzzzmmmbzzzmm hello readers, captain Moximillion here eager to compose another stardate posting on the learning process, and jee-wizz am I learning, learning from mistakes yes as us humans do, and learning from the multitude of readings and web-pages I force myself to endure for the good of Enterprise..

Information is abundant on colonized planets, it's there for people to study, data for the brain.. As time moves on, planet Earth inhabitants get smarter and smarter, boosting their intellect with words and pictures and diagrams and the use of the relatively new phenomenon of the internet.. Some of these humans have photographic memory banks and digest, so to speak, zillions of fragments into their minds, but some cannot, less able are they to digest.. Spock tells me the Vulcan race are superior to our species at making logical assumptions from information, and but for a very few special humans he's right I'm sure.. The problem I face as captain of this Enterprise is I dwam a lot when trying to study, end up staring out the window into the realms of space while I ponder the last page of readings.. Dwamming creates the problem of time not being spent as productively as should be, and not learning as fast as could be, and subsequently missing spots of input which results in a lost chance to profit on planet Stockmarket.. It all comes down to the fact that overloading the human mind with too much data has a counter affect sometimes but hey.., this captain is in charge of a starship, so his mind can't be too cloudy..

Keep studying sir capitan, fundamentals, technicals, media reports, books, newspapers, it's all going in, your mind can absorb it..

No comments:

Post a Comment