Captains blog, stardate 15.9.2009..
This stardate posting has to be written, logged, then read over n' over n' over by me, the captain, because I made an error today on an intraday gamble, which cost me £250 in the short term, a needless loss which I could've avoided by not letting the blood rush to my head in moments of price ticking.. Let me explain an intraday, it's a live moving stockchart, where every few seconds (dependant on liquidity), the right-most line moves to the nearest tick, the last price bought or sold, leaving behind it a trail, a squigly line of wins and losses for day-traders.. I have tried it now half a dozen times, and I have beat them only once - £600 I pulled out one time on a live starday trade, but lost more than double that overall in this particular game.. This morning it was a penny stock, which makes it even more likely to lose coz they'll sell you stock (they being the market-makers), but when it starts ticking down and you wanna unload fast, they won't buy it back from you, not until it begins ticking back up again, which results in the bastards having the upper-hand, ALWAYS having the upper hand, when trying to play them on an intraday penny stock...., they also manipulate the bid/offer spread as well, to suit their own profits agenda.. The moral of this posting is if you're gonna play at intraday trading sir capitan, do it on the big stocks, the liquid babies, then relax, scrutinize, be as objective as you can, and if it ticks against you get out, cut your loss fast..
BUT best of all captain....., don't play that risky game....., you'll get yoor fingers burned....., you know the odds are against you!
No comments:
Post a Comment