Pessimism..


Captains blog, stardate 23.6.2009.

I feel deflated today, just finished the seventh shift which should be exciting, but I'm knackered, never slept enough this week on nights so will inevitably catch up on this next 3 days off.. And that's what's concerning me is I must get my portfolio in a better shape by Thursday coz it's looking grim this week, worse than last week, and last week was fair bad.. Lots and lots of selling been going on, I sold a few but in hindsight now, frustrating hindsight coz I had a hunch last Friday week that I should just sell the lot, all my share holdings, take the roughly 20% profit on my £50,000 trading capital and sit back, relax a couple of months, watch, learn, study, research, spot a bargain to buy.. When I start the 7 dayshifts on Friday, stardate 26.6.2009...., I cannot do anything aboot my shares for one week, as in not being able to watch daily market movements but shit, if I don't get a grip on the 'stop-loss' agenda very soon then I'm gonna lose all my gains and then some.. "Cut your losses run your gains", is a well used traders mantra, but I haven't got the hang of it yet unfortunately, and thus, my 20% up gain at the beginning of June is now more like 4 or 5% or to put it in money terms, if I sold all holdings like I considered 2 weeks ago, my profit would have been sitting almost £10,000 but if I sell everything today it will be about £2,000.. So feeling a little bit of angst folks, made mistakes, hmmmmm yes, well this blog is partly to help me learn from those mistakes, and I will over the next few starweeks detail every mistake imbedded in my short term memory bank.. I am finding that I have a good gut feeling within me, my hunches prove to be right after I did not follow it through - if that makes sense.. I had a hunch on stardate 12.6.2009 that for a Friday the market as a whole was quite depressed and as I believe Friday is usually a good-mood day for the masses I concluled a slump was on it's way.. Also read some articles of the gloom to come and well shit........., should'a payed more attention, use the force Luke, reach out, search yoor feelings young jedi - yes Obewan, master, oh, thats Star Wars, init, not Star Trek...., nanu nanu..

Moximillion..

No comments:

Post a Comment