Captains blog, stardate 7.8.2009..
Lessons, they must be heeded, observed, planted into our consciousness, used as a tool for the learning process to take shape.. If a mistake has been made, we ought to pick through said mistake, find the faults and analyze those thoughts which made us fuck-up.. This blog will have many stardate postings specifically composed to identify money losing errors of my ways, so I can hopefully not do the same thing too many times.. Notice I didn't say again, I said too many times, that's coz I know myself, I know this cadet captain make's the same mistake more than once or twice, short memory I suppose, and impulsive sometimes destructive behavioral patterns.. Spock just scoffs at this human element, raises his eyebrows and displays a wry grin coz he knows I don't take on board the lesson first time..
I messed-up big time Tuesday starweek, I completely disregarded my gut-feel reason for buying shares in Gulf Keystone Petroleum, if you read the captains trade posting on my other blog you'll see I had a plan in place, a damn good plan at that, but I messed around with my portfolio to create liquidity for another purchase, consequently selling my Gulf Keystone stock.. The main reason for posting that sale as a lesson is.., even though it was trading for starweeks in a very tight range, something interesting was afoot, and this is the pinnacle of the fuck-up, the buy/sell volume was increasing, getting bigger and more frequent, this means a significant happening within the stock, stakes were amassing, and I bloody sold it.. Two stardays later they announced an oil strike, and the shares rocketed 120%.. The oil was struck stardays before the market-report, but lots of speculators already knew, hence the volume activity.. I queue hopped the stock, impatient, stop it captain, stick to your original plans for a longer time threshold.., please..
Take heed young apprentice, use the force, be objective, focus, watch volumes before you buy or sell that stock - stay sharp!
No comments:
Post a Comment