After some research and subsequent calculations it seems things may not be so bad after all.. Luckily, in the midst of my ignorance, I've come out with a result in financial terms if, that is, if I can produce some cash to purchase my 10 for 1 entitlement of Northgate shares.. This happened before, with Lloyds Bank, getting caught up in a rights issue without realizing the implications of what was happening.. So as things stand now, I can buy 50,000 shares @ 7p each (this is my right as a shareholder), and with the likely trading price upon taking up my right at about 13p, it means I nearly double my money if I sell immediately.. However, my original holding of 5000 shares @ 54p is worth 75% less now than it was prior to 'ex-rights day', the day I woke up to an eighty percent loss, so I'll sell those off to clear that big loss from the account.. As captain of this Enterprise I really must pay more attention to market reports of company holdings, got away with it twice now, this 'placing with rights issue' malarky.. My Lloyds Bank shares are now in profit for me at last but..
Pay attention young apprentice, use the force Mox oh, oh dear, that's Obewan, he's not in Star Trek [beep beep] captain to history lab..
No comments:
Post a Comment